Saturday, July 7, 2018

HUD - continued

I started getting rid of stuff over Spring Break, then had to stop because School was back in session and Spring is busy at my house.  Then Summer School, and now I am finished so I was back at cleaning and getting rid of HUD.  I cleaned the garage right after going to the gym.  I didn't even change my clothes.  I had already cleaned a lot of the stuff out, but didn't finish.  There were still bags of garbage from before!! 






I moved everything out, and got rid of so much stuff.  I emptied TWO dressers that were out there with tools and HUD in them.  And installed ONE shelf on the wall to house all the stuff.  That way the floor has less stuff and less place for spiders.


Nick helped me a bit and we swept out the dust and leaves and garbage.  Then hosed it out.  It was such a chore.  We moved so much stuff back, and let the garage dry.  Next is to spray for spiders before we put stuff really back.  I do have three file cabinets out there still, and I think they can be condensed down to ONE.  Who needs all that paperwork anyway.  Car loan paperwork, and mortgage papers.  I really wouldn't even know to look out there if I needed that info. I would just call the bank for it...thats the next project...

THEN cleaned out the shed.  There were about 11 cans of paint from the previous owner...which was 10 years ago...Some of it was all dried out so I could toss the cans in the trash.  A few of them were full gallons...I took them to the Landfill to the hazardous waste center.  That way they dispose of it properly.  I have toured the landfill and know the hazards of getting that stuff in the ground water..:)





I am doing this facebook group challenge to get rid of 2018 things in 2018.  I have this chart that I mark off everything that I get rid of.  I don't think I will make it, but It feels good to mark off the boxes when stuff leaves!!  I am only about 700 items.  But feel SOO good!!  I could probably cross off another row with all the stuff I got rid of!




Random, but I am trying to get my house in order.  I am also trying to get myself in order...I think it is hard to get yourself in order and make correct decisions about life when you are surrounded by chaos and HUD.  It is cleansing to get rid of excess stuff.  It is hard when you are poor because I am constantly thinking, what if I need that??  I might need those kids toys...But my goal is to get my house in order.  All parts of my house!!




No comments:

Post a Comment