Friday, July 27, 2018

Funeral and more

The funeral was actually a very nice event.  I had to speak which I am sure was a highlight...
We had the lunch, then we left for Spanish Fork for the Interment...whatever it is called.

I got to ride with Stephen, Susan, and Jesse.  They are my cousins. It actually was the highlight of my day.  We stopped and got a drink and chatted and laughed the whole way down.  So glad I went with them.  The cemetary was fabulous.  The military was there for a Taps thing and that was nice.  It was super hot! 


This is probably my favorite pic of the funeral.  That is my brother in the front on the other side.  This side was Hayden, his son, then my three boys in the white shirts. I am surprised they didn't fall down because they had to step over tombstones to get him to the plot.  Mark said that when he had to carry Melanie over there, he about fell in the hole because it was soo heavy.


After the funeral, we went to Barry's which is a drive in.  We sat around and talked for a long time. Food good, company better.  We were with Stephen's family mostly and they were the best.

We drove home by way of Lehi and Taco Amigo which according to Mark had really great strawberry shakes and we needed to try them.  They didn't disappoint. I  have no pics of these events...

As I look back on the day it really was a 10.  Which is weird.  But there were so many people that I knew and love that showed up.  The luncheon was fun to visit with people and the cemetary was a highlight with people I love too!  He would have been proud although he would have wanted to have us go out to dinner and laugh about him and tell jokes.  We told lots of jokes however on the way.

This is what McKenna posted and it really is beautiful.  



My friend Jen sent these flowers.  So nice.




My friend Karen who I work with gave me these chocolates.  She says chocolates always help grief.

And my friend Natalie from school gave me this book.  So nice.  I haven't read it yet.


Hard to believe that he is really gone.  I have expected him to pass long before now but weird to finally have it happen.  So nice to have such good memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment