Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Two Missing Teeth


I had a horrible toothache.  It hurt for about a week, then I finally called my dentist.  He gave me a round of antibiotics.  NO relief at all. In fact I was waking up every 3 hours and the pain medication wasn't helping.  I went to the dentist and then to the root canal guy.  The problem is that the tooth I thought it was, already had a root canal.  The Dr. tried to do another root canal and see what was going on, and the crown (see below) popped off and the tooth was just crumbly he said.  My copay for the tooth was suppose to be $165.



This is the crown he tried to drill through...then the tooth was not to be saved and had pockets of puss and infection..(so gross)  

Back to the dentist.  Mark said it needed to be pulled and I saw the Oral Surgeon in the same office as Mark.  


The tooth was pulled as well as the remants of another tooth that fell out in the back of my mouth.  He was very slick.  






Here I am a bit happier BEFORE the extraction.  Oh the copay for extractions were 42.00.  No wonder people are missing teeth.  Its too expensive to save them...:)  




Here's my assortment of pills.  I have been waking up for about 3 weeks in pain and it took so long for the pain to go away.  Like I couldn't get it to stop.  Finally, after the second round of antibiotics was finished it started to feel better!   However, I am pain free now.

I was so sick I decided to take my emergency to see if it would help and it did!  Love it.

Now I need to decide what happens next with the gap in my mouth  Implant or a bridge or another solution.  


No comments:

Post a Comment