Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Uncle Dale

My mom's brother, Dale, took a fall in November.  He ended up having surgery to fix his broken femur.  I took my mother to visit him in the hospital. He was transferred to a rehab center and we also visited.  He was transferred back to the hospital with Pneumonia then back to rehab.  Marlena called me and asked if I could take her to visit him as he was not doing well.  I cancelled my drink plans with my friend Jeff, because I couldn't go after because I had to be home to pick up my Brooke from the airport. 

We arrived around 4:40 (after we asked Nick's date to the dance) and around 4:50, he died.  If i had kept my date with Jeff, and then visited my mom would have missed it. 

anyway, such a sad time.  He wasn't going to recover from his fall, but it is sad to me as he was such a nice man.  He was a hard worker and kind.  It is hard for me to just watch another generation pass away.  Now I become the old people in the family and we lose connections to other relatives.  I will be the one finding the ancestor stories for my grandchildren to take on Trek...

Kindof a weird place to be.  But so glad I knew him.  His funeral was wonderful too.  What a great day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment