Monday, January 13, 2020

Christmas Day

Christmas Day started out great.  We slept in so late.  That's the beauty of Older children.  No one is in a hurry.  Jack is sort of, but we had no where to go so we might as well sleep late. 

Picture before we started  


I got up and went to Maverik.  Then the rest of them got up and decided they wanted to go to.  So they went and stocked up on beverages before the festivities began.



College kids bot some money for Christmas.  Abi got hers in this Hello Kitty Wallet. She reminded me that last year I made a paper wallet. I have certainly stepped up the effort ...

I put Andrew's money in this empty Coke Can and glued it shut so it didn't look like it had been opened.  I didn't have much time after I got the idea or I could have made it look better.  




Brooke got hers in this Pill Case because she takes daily medication..the case was also filled with m and m's.  Thats why I had to make an early run to Maverick.  I got these ideas for the money wrapping during the night so I was on a time crunch.  




These are pictures of the morning.  The polka dot pants we got on Christmas Eve 




This is the Rubber Duck Nativity.  Brooke loves ducks so we got a nativity all in ducks. I added the fake snakes and frogs for the zoo keeper effect.








Abi got a Stethescope for Nursing school that she starts in January.She was practicing listening to Andrew's Lungs and heart...

Great Christmas, Brooke, Andrew and Abi all got money, Nike Zoom Sneakers and a sweatshirt for Andrew, Stethescope for Abi and Brooke got an exercise Bra.   Nick and Jack got Air pods, basketball and sweatshirt and Stance Socks.  We also had Christmas socks with Candy, tooth brushes, socks, exercise bras, and everyone's favorite chips.  Brooke liked Mickey Mouse veggie Straws, Andrew liked Veggie Straws, Abi Boom Chick a Pop, Nick likes Pringles, and Jack Flaming Hot Cheetoes.  I was impressed I found all of them.  

After we opened the presents Andrew ordered us some Chinese food.  It is our tradition of about 5 years.  We get it from Sam Pan in SLC.  We spent 101.00 on our food as everyone got a dinner A.  So we had plenty of Rice, egg rolls, soup, and entrees.  Andrew picked it up also.  I'm happy to pay if I don't have to go get it.  I'm so surprised everyone doesn't do Chinese Take out. 

I also hit the Jack pot for Christmas.  


I got this Yoga Mat

Socks 


Flowers (which I love)

Gift Card to PG Nails for a Mani and a pedi. . .

I also got some Body Scrub from Trader Joes.  I didn't get a pic of that.  But I have used it and love it.  

Christmas was the best.  I was stressed but not like normal.  I just worry that everyone won't like their gifts or it is a little sparse because I'm on a tight budget.  Especially since I'm divorced now.  I thought the best present for me was just having all of my family home.  




No comments:

Post a Comment