Monday, October 5, 2020

Reflex and a Break In

 

Jim and I decided we needed to destress.  We went to our Reflexology massage place.  It was absolutely the best.  They take care of your feet and your shoulders.  


This is the only pic I dared to take because I was afraid I would mess up the energy or whatever it is by taking a picture and not being mindful of the moment. But it was the best. Stress Relief for sure.

THEN the next am, I get up to go to the gym at 4:45 am and go out to my car in the garage and notice that our garage is up. DANG we left it up. THEN I notice that there is something all over the floor of my garage.  





Then I notice this pic.  They broke my window to my Van and stole my purse.  Yes I have been leaving my purse in the car.  It is  a habit since my foot surgery since I didn't need to carry it up the stairs when I could barely get myself up and it is always in my garage with the garage down...



Ugh. I  was totally sick.  I put the garage down and went back inside fast. What if the bad guys were still there?  I didn't know what to do but I cancelled my main credit cards and then decided I needed to call the police. Ok they were sending someone out.  It took like 90 minutes to get there and he dusted for prints...no prints.  of course.  

I got a case number and he was going to check with the neighbors to see if they had a camera.  They did but not sure if they were able to see anything.  

So, later around 4:00 I get a call from America First Credit Union.  The teller was asking me if I had lost my ID?  Yes, I had that morning.  She said that someone was in the drive through cashing a check using my ID.  Nope it wasn't me. She said she would detain the ID for me.  

She also said that my acct was flagged because there had been three attempts to get money from the account totaling 4500.00.  Holy smokes.  So, I ran to my bank and put a stop to my checking acct too.  

I also asked to get 200.00 out for cash, but they needed ID.  Really??  

Brooke helped me out in the cash department and let me borrow her credit card in case.  

Anyway, I went and picked up my ID and they said that the check was written out to me and was from a Wells Fargo bank.  So, the check was stolen and they were pretending to be me and get cash from the other acct.  So as far as I know, they didn't get any money from me.  

I did get a copy of the checks that were written.  Makes me so mad



It is dishearting to have NO credit cards and wonder what damage they are doing to your credit or money.

So, when I got home, from school, Brooke said the car window people were coming the next day to fix the window and she was home to take care of it.  

Then, I got this on the counter.  My favorite things...and some masks from Old Navy that were in my purse and a Kohls 25.00 gift card that was also in my purse.  Brooke did that.  So thoughtful and nice. 



She also took this purse that I got from Michelle and only used once because the strap broke and I needed it fix it. She took it to the shoe repair and fixed it for me!  LOVE this purse and I have been wanting to fixit forever and never got around to it. It looks great.  


THEN she and Ty got the window fixed and won't tell me how much it was to fix.  WHAT??  So, not only did she leave me a bunch of stuff, she fixed it, fixed the purse AND Ty paid for the window.  Certainly above and beyond.  I appreciated it so much.  Love them both!!






No comments:

Post a Comment