Monday, October 5, 2020

Bloods Lake Hike

 

Another week in our hiking Tradition found us at Bloods Lake. It is up by Guardsman Pass...which is kindof up Little Cottonwood Canyon and between Midway.  Something like that but our directions say go early.  So we did. We met at 7:00 again.  We found the parking lot for the hike and it was starting to fill up.  














First stop was the restroom of course




It was a good hike for the most part it was slight incline until the end and then it was uphill for a bit.  But I felt so much better this weekend than last so that was good for all of us.  My knee has been bothering me so I was also the weakest link again this week.  






We made it and it was beautiful.  






These are chipmonks that wouldn't leave me alone.  Michelle hiked up to another lake, or almost and I didn't go because my knee was hurting and I had to hike out so I waited and these chipmonks kept bothering me and bothering me...maybe because I was eating some trail mix and they could smell it...

Then one of them touched my leg when I wasn't watching and I screamed...Michelle who was higher hiking thought I had died...nope just had a chipmonk rub on my leg...I just think of them being full of diseases and who wants chipmonk plague along with corona virus







The reviews said this lake is known for its reflections.  I would agree. 



We went down the hike a different way than we went up.  It was suggested to go the alternate route because it was less crowded.  Well, it is less crowded because it goes down hill then the last part is all uphill at the end.  Thats not where I want the uphill.  But it was good and I made it once again.

We stopped at Einstein Brothers Bagels and Maverick on the way home.  Oh and Costco.  

Can't wait to tackle Lone Peak next week.....





No comments:

Post a Comment