Tuesday, January 10, 2023

week 22. First week in field club!!!


Whats up yall this week was pretty chill. transfers were thursday so me and my comp drove to the mission home to get our new companions. I am now serving in field club. Field club is like downtown omaha and my new comp is elder ward. 

  My first day in field club was pretty boring but we did have like a 3 hour meeting with the branch president about the inactives in our ward. They had us over for dinner which was so fire. Its kind of weird being in a new area because I have no idea who were teaching and who any of the members are so it really feels like I'm a brand new missionary which is kind of nice because i don't have to do anything lol. 

 Saturday we hit 21 doors in a 3 hour span and nobody wanted to hear a message about jesus but its ok because they have their agency 

 One cool thing about this area is there is a gas station that loves missionaries so they give us free drinks so at the end of every night we go get a drink and it really helps me power through the tough days out here. 

 I hit 5 months yesterday which is insane!! feels like just yesterday I was making fun of brad white in sunday schoool lol!!! Although these last 5 months have been really hard at times they have also been super fun and have brought me closer to my savior. 

 Sunday night we found 2 really cool people and taught them about the restoration. we also found this one guy who said that mormons were closer to satinists than to christians so him and I fought for like an hour over that and i feel like I won but he said that i was crazy like joseph smith. Were going to see him again on wednesday so hope the spirit softens his heart. 

 Field club is a branch instead of a ward. Its super weird because ive only ever been to church in wards. Field club also doesnt have a church building. We meet in the basement of the V.A. hospital. Its kind of cool but also kind of weird. 

 That was really all that happened this week. Hope yall had a great week and an even better sabbath day. Stay safe this week and always remember that god loves you. Idk if anyone still reads these but if you are to this point in the email than just know I love you!

 

-elder clemons  

 

1. Transfers 

2. sleepover!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment