Tuesday, January 17, 2023

I MET THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!! Week 23

 

What's up yall its your fav state side elder (elder Cook and Debarros obviously being the favs outside the country). I did indeed meet some very interesting people this week. Being in downtown omaha is a lot different than anywhere else I've ever been. People in area are super nice until you bring up that your a missionary haha. We struggled a lot this week with finding but we did find this super nice lady named Lauren and she was raised catholic and hated it so she said that it was refreshing hearing a message that wasn't surrounded around Mary. 

 Our branch has 2 sets of elders so we both teach some of the people and Thursday we taught our friend Jay who has some issues mentally but he still is definitely accountable. We went over and taught him and he sung us a few songs which was very funny. 

 This one day we knocked on a door and the lady came to the door and told us she was the Anti christ. I told her she was capping and then she proceeded to yell at us for being demons and then flipped us off a d yelled the f word as we left. Don't worry I left her with a photo of Jesus christ. Seed planted! 

 My zone leader also gave me a haircut last p day and he messed it up so bad that I had to go get another one before district council and it was so bad that the girl who cut basically just had to buzz it so my hair is super short now even for missionary standards haha. 

 Sunday we were able to bring our friend Andrew to why I believe which is just a testimony meeting for people who have recently been baptized. Andrew is a dope 15 year old boxer who is just so funny and apparently he's being trained by one of the best boxers in the world. He told us after the meeting that he felt the spirit and he knows that the church is true. Later that night we went back to his house and set him to be baptized on February 11th which is so fire 🔥.  

Andrew story just testifies that you can be having a really bad week but you only need one person to say yes  to change their life and this is why I just love being a missionary you can truly see the changes in a person's life from when you first meet them to when their personal testimony starts to build. 

 This week in my study I've really been trying to focus on Jesus christ. Jesus was the only person to ever live that was perfect but I also think it's important that we understand he was also human too. Meaning he just wasn't preaching the entire time he also liked to have fun and to make jokes. As I I've tried to taken this approach to my studies I have learned a lot more about Jesus christ and become closer to him. 

 That was my week yall. Hope all of you had a great week and hope that you stay safe and remember who you are and what you stand for.  feel free to email me!! Remember JESUS LOVE YOU!!!

 

-elder Clemons 

 

Pics: 

 

1. Why I believe

2. Best hymn out there 

3. My boy Gerald 

4. Post work drinks 

5. Gordon's childhood 

6. Downtown 









No comments:

Post a Comment