Saturday, September 23, 2023

A Faucet Repair

 So my faucet has been leaking in my bathroom for quite a long time.  I hate to call a plumber, because well, I have to be here and talk to them, and pay them and clean for them...Although I love my plumber,,,



Turn off the water first.  You know if you make a video don't say oh turn off the water.  Show me how to turn it off,  Anyway I figured it out.

I watched a Youtube video (of course) and he had a link to a part  I ordered the part and it sat.  That was in June.  Finally, now that it is September, I fixed it.  I watched about a million videos.  Everyone tells you a little different parts.  I needed a 3/32 allen wrench and I found that in my tools.  I think I bought it at Dollar Tree long ago.  I was on my way to Home Depot to get one and I realized I just might have one somewhere else.  And I did :)  

Got the faucet off. Took out the cartidge, took out the spring and rubber thing.  Kept it seperate from the new parts.  (that was a hint from one of the videos..)  




Watched youtube again.  Replaced rubber thing and screw from the kit I bought.

Replaced cartridge, and screwed the handle back on.  oh and turned the water back on.  AND it worked with NO leaks!

This sound like it was 15 minutes.  NOPE.  it took about 5 hours with the trip to Home Depot. I thought I had the wrong Cartridge.  So I drove to Home Depot and while looking for the right part, I realized I just needed to turn this plastic part and it was the right thing   So that trip was useful beause I figured it out but didn't need to buy anything.  :)  

I did buy two more umbrellas beause brooke and Andrew broke mine..


Always take a picture.  No one suggested it but I thought it was a good idea

The hard water is not gone nor cleaned off.   I started but it is going to be a job.  Lime Away isn't cutting it with the hard water.  I need to replace the water softner but it is not in the budget right now.  

That is why there is no after pic.


I did get a donut on the way home from the trip to Home Depot that wasn't necessary!  My reward for a job well done.

Feels so good to figure it out.












No comments:

Post a Comment