Tuesday, September 26, 2023

A Clean Drain

 

After my faucet success, I decided to tackle the drain in the shower. I have noticed that it isn't draining very well.  I'm in standing water while in there.  I am a boss at unclogging a sink 



This is my favorite tool.  It is something like this.  And it costs like 3.50.  

The problem with the Shower is that it has the drain that is screwed into the shower.  I can unscrew it but I wondered how hard it would be after all these years.  But I watched a video about how to do it so I didn't strip the screws.  I sprayed them with Lime Away first to get rid of the hard water if there was any.

THEN took off the cover without a problem!

This is what I pulled out


SERIOUSLY all that came out with ONE try.  No wonder the shower didn't drain.  I have never cleaned it out so it was at LEAST 15 years of yuck.

So satisfying and so embarassing too.



Here's Wonton in his shower :)



Here's his enrichment I saved for him.  Mostly empty bags of cheese he can tear the bag and get the rest of the cheese to eat.  He discovered this himself a few weeks ago when he grabbed it from the counter and ate it. I'll make it easier for him now and won't make him get it from the counter. 















No comments:

Post a Comment