Monday, September 25, 2023

Leaf Hunt 2023

 The Annual Lewis Family Leaf Hunt is now in the books.  We have decided the week before General Conference is the date.  Anyway, I had to go get the spot.  It was a total pain.  I couldn't decide where and walked and drove around and moved my car a million times looking.  I was sweating and driving down to get cell service so people would know where to go.  There is no cell service at Mueller Park Canyon.  



Roasting Hot dogs were on the menu.  We thought we would be original. I was assigned the hot dogs Seriously I have no idea what people will eat. So I always bring a million.  I think I took home about 4 pkgs.  

Blake and Mitchell 


Honey Ty sporting his freedom shirt and his Fenway Park Hat from Boston.  


The dude in the blue shirt asked if he could use our fire because he came to the canyon with his kids and didn't have firewood.  They stayed and had hot dogs with us and potato salad and cookies.  I am certain it was his visitation weekend and he just didn't know how to picnic.  :)  









Look at those submissions for the leaves.  Michelle and I collected leaves together.  Funny she was the judge, and she got the gift card to McDonalds.  



These people were trying to get the kids to smile.  










Such a great time.  I was so tired after.  You wouldn't think that walking around the canyon and roasting some hot dogs, cleaning up , and leaf hunting would make me tired.  But it did.  It was fun to make memories.  We missed Andrew and all of Mark's family.  Some of them were out of town and others live out of town and Stella was working.  Not sure why Mark didn't show but we missed them.  




No comments:

Post a Comment