Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Nick and the seizure

This am as I was getting ready for Work, I heard something downstairs and was like 'What is going on'?  Jack says 'whats wrong with Nick'?   He went downstairs and I followed.  Nick was having a seizure.  Right on the floor by the washer.  He was making this gurgling noise that I have never heard him make before, but last time I saw a seizure he was sitting up in my room.  So, I didn't know what to do, but I do know that 911 doesn't do much because by the time they get there, it is usually over.  So I just watched and waited....Saying his name and watching what he was doing.  

When it stopped, he rolled over and I asked him if he knew who I was, and he said no.  I never know if he really doesn't know who I am, or he doesn't want to be bothered.  He tried to get up, and walk, and I walked him into the family room to the couch.  He layed down, and finally told me his name and my name and who my mom was.  That made me feel better.  I called the doc and we have an appt on Thursday.  I had to take the day off, so my buds at school were pinch hitting for me and figuring out what to have my sub to if I could even get a sub at 7:00 in the morning...

Nick slept til like 11:30 and I woke him up occasionally just to make sure he was alive.  He woke up once and said he had a headache an needed ibuprofin.  Later when  he really woke up around 1:00, he sat up and wanted Betos and said he knows where he hit his head because he has a bump.  He said he was zoning out this am in the shower and so he hurried and got out, so he didn't go down in the shower again and break off the faucet thing.  He said the zoning out got closer and closer together and lasted longer.  He went upstairs to get his clean clothes and he was down in the hallway in the basement with his clothes all over.  

He thinks he forgot his meds last night.  I hope that is the case.  That is a better scenario than having a seizure being on medicine because that means the meds don't work.  

He didn't go to LAX or school today.  I didn't go to school either.  But I did end up getting my hair done.  He seemed to be ok by 3:00 when I had my Dew appt.  

He always has seizures in the am and he has only had them at home and last year at Gma's house.  I am grateful that it is the case.  

1 comment:

  1. Damnit!!! I am SO sorry!! Does Brook still have seizures, too?? What can I do for you??

    ReplyDelete