Tuesday, March 9, 2021

A Funeral and 3 Cemetaries

 

Saturday, Michelle and Marlena ventured to Delta to a funeral of my mom's friend and brother's wife, Pat's sister.  Her name was Dot.  I didn't know her other than we saw her at Sears a few times when she worked there.  Michelle and I were just there to drive Marlena.  We decided to stop by a few cemetery while in Delta.  


Michelle is always good for decorating and cleaning the graves.  I just drive and tag along.


\








This my Grandma Stella and Grandpa Fon. They are buried in Delta.  


This is my Grandma Stella's sister Elpha.  No one knew she existed for a long time.  She lived at the State Hospital.  Kind of a sad story actually. I'm not sure I have ever noticed her grave next to my Gma.


This is my Great Grand parents.  They are Stella's parents.



AND this is my dad.  Michelle is cleaning the graves with that stick we picked up in Delta.  I'm just hanging out waiting for her to 


This is my Dad's Parents



This is my other sister Kathleen.  I didn't get any pics of Melanie this time.

We had a great time in Delta.  Funeral, driving by Gma Stella's house, Marlena's house she grew up in, Stopping at Maverick, Hinckley Fort (which we have never seen in all our years of visiting Delta), Reservoir looking for the Geese, and seeing all the relatives we only see at funerals now.  I didn't take pictures of the million drink stops and bathroom breaks.  We ended with dinner at Zupas to go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment