Thursday, August 4, 2022

Nick's Farewell

 




Nick had his farewell on Sunday.  All my family was there, all 20 of them.  Yep thats all the family we have.  The chapel and the overflow were totally full of kids and people.  I got to sit next to Andrew because my friend Janel volunteered to wave for me.  I kindof wanted to wave because I wanted to see all the people in the audience but I thought it was nice of her to offer.  

Nick did an awesome job.  My advice to him was to come prepared and don't decide to wing it.  Not much worse than someone coming to speak and being unprepared because they think they don't need to write anything down.  Nick did write it down and was funny, thoughtful and even spiritual.  His friend Brad, spoke first and said that he texted Nick that he can't believe he was that wild kid that messed around in Sunday School years ago..  Nick said he is still that wild kid but now he has purpose.  Brad said that he suggested they get a tattoo of that after his mission.  Nick said deal but Brad had to pay for it.  

Nick talked about football, Brain Surgery, and why he wanted to go on a mission.  He had on his new mission suit and he looked so handsome with his short hair.  He cut his Long hair for his mission.

We had food at the park after.  



These are my only pics of the entire day.  One of all the food in the fridge an the stupid lettuce plate.  

It was an entire family affair.  Abi and Brody decorated and set up the park.  It looked so cute and had pics of Nick all over.  

Everyone picked up the food from the house and took it over and set it all up.  Andrew was on cooler duty and water.  

McCall was on Grandma duty.  

Took all of them to pull off this day.  It was really a great day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment