Saturday, September 3, 2022

Another Knee Surgery

 

The other knee has been bothering me since I got surgery on the left knee.  It was over compensation everyone said.  Actually that is a fair thing.  But it never got better as the surgery knee got stronger.  It ended up being the bad knee when walking down the stairs.  I got cortisone and NO help.  So, Ryan (the Nurse Practitioner) said he thought  it is a torn meniscus.  So, sent me for an MRI.   Sure enough I have a torn meniscus AND a floating body in there.  


Scheduled the surgery.  That is Dr. Edwards signature on the right leg for surgery. It might be worth something sometime....

It was a problem when to do the surgery.  MRI was in July but getting it read and in to see the Doc in July is like impossible.  July is a time for vacations.  THEN, Nick left on his mission and school started.  So I had to wait until at least the second week of school.  

Brooke took me because Michelle, my usual taker, was a volunteer at a golf tournament.  Seriously, that is where she was.  Booke was very good at being the helper and in charge.  



So I could shower after 3 days.  This is the moment of truth.  Looks good but a bit bruised






This is super gross.  I thought I was bleeding to death.  


This is before the unveiling. I didn't go anywhere because this was super gross.


Brooke brought me some treats when we got NIck's birthday box together

So far I'm doing good.  I go see the doc in three days to get a full report.  They all said when they came to chat after surgery that see you soon.  Guess replacement is in the works for that one too.














No comments:

Post a Comment