Tuesday, February 14, 2023

6 months as a missionary!!!

 


What's good everyone this email is coming on Tuesday because transfers are this week. Sadly elder ward will be leaving me and I'm really sad about that because we were just starting to find some real success in this area. I'll miss him for sure but I know that God needs his skills in another area to bless the lives of those people. 


This week was really rough finding wise. We were only able to find 1 new person to teach this week but she was super cool and even came to church to hear elder ward and I speak. It was so cool to see her want to change so quickly just because heavenly father asked her too. 

Andrew was supposed to get baptized this week but his date fell through because now his girlfriend wants to get baptized with him which is a blessing but also a trial. We don't want her just to get baptized because of Andrew and we don't want Andrew to hold off his baptism because his girlfriend isn't ready yet. So please play for both of them. 

This week I experienced a whole lot of rejection from people but also just a whole lot of anti about the church. There is a lot of it but it only has strengthened My testimony and has made me want to work harder to soften some of the hearts of the ppl who think that I am a "brainwashed spawn of Satan who wants to have 15 wifes and 1,000 kids" haha. 

Yesterday we were able to talk to our friend Harri. Harri is a 15 year old biblical genius. He basically has the whole new testament memorized. The lesson we had with him was kind of weird and also kind of a miracle. Harri kept coming up with Bible verses and asking the churches opinion and I would give the point of the church and how the book of mormon proves it and I was saying stuff that I didn't know I knew. The spirit works miracles I guess haha. It was super cool though because he already knew about the 3 kingdoms because his friend who is in a different ward told him about them. So it was a miracle in disguise. Probably one of the most successful bashes I've had on the mission. It's so weird to me that 6 months ago I barely had a testimony of the church and now I can tell ya every stance the church has and everything that makes our church the one and only true church on the earth. 

We had lunch with a inactive member this week and man it was so cool to hear his conversion story. During his story he told us that before he found the church that had basically told God to screw off and when be said it he flipped off the ceiling and it was just a crazy story to hear how far he was from the gospel to now finding it again and now he wants to attend the temple it is just so cool to see these miracles that God puts in people's life and im so grateful that I'm on the front lines helping to spread it. 


I hit 6 months this week and I can't believe how fast it's gone. It's so crazy how fast my testimony has grown and how much closer I have come to the Savior. Just by reading the book of mormon everyday I can feel the lords love in my life more and more each day. I invite all of you to do this as well and can promise you that your life will get better and you will be able to find peace in christ. 


Well that was my week hope all of yall had a good week as well. Remember to keep living the gospel and heavenly father will pour more and more blessings on ya. Love you all!!! 


-elder Clemons 







No comments:

Post a Comment