Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Windshield Wiper Mishap

 

It has been snowing like tons.  and even more than that.  I replaced my windshield wipers a few months ago.  They have been fabulous.  I get the michelin at Costco.  Anyway, I had stayed after work talking to my friend.  I got outside around 4:40.  Snowing.  Backc out, and my windshield wiper on the driver side, just flung off in the parking lot. I'm like what?   I stop and pick it up and can't figure out how to pit it back on.  It is super cold also.  So what do I do? There is tons of traffic being later, and snowing and I have NO windshield wiper.  I didn't have anyone to call.  I can't get Jack to drive me in the snow.  

So I put on the best I could.  And decided I did have a snow brush in my car and I might just have to use it and reach out my window and wipe off the car.  I used it and it flew off again before I was out of the parking lot.  I picked it back up and put it back on so I might have two or three passes.

The snow slowed down and I managed to get home.  Not sure what I was thinking because now I was home without a windsheld wiper.....

I surveyed the situation and took the other one off to see how it worked.  Watched an unhelpful video about replacing wiper blades.  I noticed that the storm had stopped and it was sunny.  I decided to go to Costco (about 15 min ) away to get another blade.  I jump in the car and hurry and stress.  Got to Costco and bought another one.  Got to the car and replaced it before I left.  

Works like a charm now.  


This is hte part that attaches to my car. I didn't know which part wasn't working, the car part or the blade part.  I decided I thought this part was ok.  



This is the blade part and that part broken off isn't suppose to be broken off.


This was such a weird thing. I have never had that happen and what do you do if you are driving on the freeway or somewhere besides your work parking lot.  I was glad to get out of it for 10.00 and no accidents.  I did end up missing Yoga,,Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment