Friday, August 18, 2023

Boston Tea Party Day 2

 Brooke, Ty, Andrew walked to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast..  They brought me back some because I was walked out.  I met them in the lobby and then we headed to the Boston Tea Party Reinactment.  Just for Ty.  He Loves History and all things about it.  











First we were seated in the church to hear some actors tell us how the Tea Party came about.  They were very good. I'm sure they were members of Actor's Equity.  They told us some stuff and then Ty got to read an exerp out loud.  


This is the card I got 

.

Throwing the Tea Overboard.








They made me throw it over and get a pic..







After the Town Meeting then we boarded the boat and looked around.  We got to throw Tea overboard to reinact the Actual throwing Tea in the harbor.  


We moved inside to hear more about the Tea party.  Two paintings came to life which was unexpected and reminded us of Haunted Mansion in Disneyland.










Walked around the harbor.


There were like 80 cows around town.  Something for Cancer Awareness or to raise money.  Brooke liked this one



Walked to Boston Commons Park.  Boston has tons of green areas and parks.  You are suppose to be able to get to a green space in 10 minutes of walking in Boston. I think that is pretty close. 


These cute ducks are from a book 
Called "Make Way For Ducklings"





They were so cute and sitting on the bench watching people was great.  Everyone wants to sit on the ducks and take their pictures.









When Brooke and I were sittig there, an old guy came over and sat down.  He said he lived on Beaon Hill and came over every day to sit on the bench and watch the people at the duck statues.

What a great thing for him to do.  He did have a tracking device on so someone could track where he is.  









Then we rested.  Well, I had to rest.  They wore me out walking around.  

I got some dinner and stayed at the hotel. The rest of them walked over to Fenway again.











No comments:

Post a Comment