Saturday, November 18, 2023

An Accomplished Saturday

Andrew has been so excited to do some household chores for me.  First on the docket was to clean out the rain gutters.  They have been dripping and not draining for a while.  So he climbed on the roof, and it took about 3 minutes ....there was a LaCrosse ball stopping the downspout.  Yay.   Got the window screen back in and done.  I didn't get any pics of that because he was soo fast.  



Then since I had him in a good mood, we,  I mean he,  cleaned out the weeds on the side of the house by the shed.  It has never been cleaned out over there.  Well, minus the time I dragged the Christmas tree and card table from over there that was thrown there to get rid of it or the pizza boxes o the trash.  He did a great job.  And it was raining and wet.




Tha'ts the pile of weeds.  That is only about half of what he raked out of there.  It is such a disaster over there and in the spring and summer I know there is stuff livng in all those weeds.  So I'm so glad it is cleaned and not so much of a forest.  


That blue thing is an old saucer used for sledding.  It was decaying it has been over there so long.  




Here's Andrew in action


That was a big branch from over there.

Cleaned it out and on to Betos for a Breakfast Burrito.  That is the least I could do.  Andrew even paid for the Maverick drinks.  


On to the next project...clean out the freezer. I am not sure when I last cleaned it out, if ever.  


Embarrassing ...so bad


He loves to clean and so I washed the shelves and he washed out the inside


Here's all the junk waiting to get put back in.  

We really didn't throw much away but it was nice to actually see what I have in there.  Some stuff gets stuck in the bottom.  

THEN we loaded up the bunk beds and took them to the DI.  We haven't used them for a few years.  They were great bunk beds but it is time.  I don't need them anymore and if someone needs a bed I'll just buy them one.  I wouldn't make them sleep in a bunk bed.  Andrew took them and hopefully someone will want them.  The DI will probably just chuck them.  Who knows but now I have a few more boxes to check in my decluttering challenge.  I'm still 1000 items away from making it.  












No comments:

Post a Comment