Sunday, November 19, 2023

Jack is Samuel in Primary

Here I am waiting to lead the singing in Sacrament meeting.  Yep I'm still in this calling.  Love it.  Although today was not my favorite hymns on the docket.  



What a stupid grin


Here's Jack in action.  I like it when he comes to church because then I don't have to sit alone or figure out what to do when I'm finished leading.  If he doesn't come then I usually sit on the stand.  But today was the ward choir and I don't sing in the choir.  So I got to sit by him on the bench after he did the sacrament.  Fun fact, according to Jack, says he is the only one the Bishop ever makes repeat the sacrament prayer.  The rest of the kids are on the spectrum so he doesn't like to have them do it.  I will have to notice if that is true.  . . .)


Then in Primary Jack decided to come with me.  Well, he wanted to get some lunch with my credit card and I told him he had to come to Primary with me.  (he won't go to class ).  He was asked to be Samuel the Lamanite and he had to stand on that table.  The kids got to throw marshmallows at him like they were arrows as we sang this song about Samuel.  It was fun and he was a good sport.   He actually stayed to do that.  And yes, he finally got his lunch for staying...:)  





On the way home from him getting his lunch, I asked him to stop at the store for sugar.  I was making cookies for the first time in like a year.  Anyway then we needed horseradish for our roast we were having for dinner. It has been a while since we had roast too.  

I walked him through where horseradish is and he was standing by the ketchup and bbq sauce.  I told him to move down the isle.  He says well, I see Tar Tar sauce.  (like what is that?)  But that isn't want we needed.  oh he found it he said.  There is Beaver (which is the one we wanted) and it was like a 5 minute ordeal.  Well he declares he found it and it was this.  Horseradish mustard.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that wasn't the right thing.  


I ended up going back to get it.  I realized Tar Tar sauce was Tarter sauce...:)  


This is the roast we were having.  It was super great.  Too bad no one ate it but me.




No comments:

Post a Comment