Sunday, May 5, 2019

Productive Weekend

I love to post the projects that I get finished.  It makes me feel so accomplished.  I do like the posts where I am hauling HUD out of my house too.

Abi has been here and we have been busy.  Saturday am, we hit the Planet first.




We had to leave to get Nick to Lagoon to work.  Then we stayed in our slickers and tried to buy a lawn mower.  Buying a lawn mower proved harder than I though.  We went to Home Depot and lawn mowers range in prices.  My yard is so small, that I probably just need a pair of scissors for my lawn.  We couldn't find a lawn mower at the first Home Depot so we looked online and West Valley had 28 of the lawn mowers we wanted.  Off to West Valley.  We got there and couldn't find it either.  There was no one to ask. It was crazy busy. We bought a tiller instead for 88.00.  I still need a mower.  

We did buy some Deck Stain and brushes for the Deck.  


We bought some door knobs to change the locks since I got divorced and need to know we are secure. Didn't get these installed yet though




We bought some drapery hardware to fix the curtain rod in the basement.  

We decided to go to Trader Joe's and Costco where we got an Acai Bowl from the food court.  My favorite thing now.  I went home and went to bed cuz my body hurt and Abi went to Michelle's house.  I did pick Nick up from Lagoon.  We didn't even get Cafe Rio.  

I also sanded the Deck so we could stain it, and tried to wash it off, and our Hose had a hole.  While I was doing this, I noticed this.

Guess I need my dryer vent guy again


 I went to Ace hardware where I had 5.00 off coupon and got a new hose.  Had to get some popcorn from the Ace Hardware.  Funny thing, it was like caramel but colored.  NOT as good.  






Nick installed it for me.











                                               Absolutely hilarious. I can't stop laughing.  Such an inside joke.

Old Hose,


New Hose (kindof a lot of space dedicated to hoses...)  


Reminded me of my favorite joke...When God gave out hoses, you thought He said noses and you got one 50 feel long....hilarious too.  


I also fixed this old dresser we have had with broken drawers. I have been meaning to get rid of the dresser because the drawers are broken.  Well, I figured out how to fix it.  I bought these parts online and I think it is fixed.  I have tried before to fix it, but could never figure it out or find the part. 


I'm planning on painting the dresser this summer if it still working by then.


AND Abi took down the Christmas Lights that have been up since LAST December 2017 that Brooke put up and never took down.  They didn't even work for Christmas 2018.





Such a good feeling getting all this accomplished.  



Abi did some huge lawn mowing.  She borrowed Gma's mower and mowed these weeds down. she also pulled that big long black border out of our yard.  it was staked in.  That way we can get the grass to grow to the fense and not have a border of dirt and weeds.  Those garbage bags are full of weeds. 






                                   Abi is never going to want to come over again with all the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment