Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter and Home Church

Easter Sunday was upon us and we finally decided to have church at home.  We gathered Nick, Abi and Me at 2:00.  Jack was asleep and he wasn't having any church.  We found a youtube of the Tabernacle Choir at Temple square singing "He Is Risen"  and then "Christ the Lord is Risen today".  We sang along with them if we wanted.  I said the prayer.  Nick did the Sacrament.  He has been doing home visits and the bishop told him to do the sacrament like when they do home visits.  He knew what to do.  I told him he needed to at least put on a white shirt and pants.  Then he showed up in a tie too.  Oh we even had a sacrament hymn "There is a Green Hill Far Away".   After the sacrament we watched some Easter videos on Gospel Library.  That was it.   It lasted like 30 minutes or so.  I am really glad we decided to have church. It was super low key and no stress because the only preparation was finding the videos and getting the sacrament ready.   Nick said next week we are watching a video about when Christ was Crucified.  We are in every week from now on. 

It was also Easter.  I didn't even bother getting out the Easter baskets.  We had Easter tupperwear bowls.  It served the purpose. I usually get everyone shorts and a shirt and this year I only gave socks.  Stores are closed and I can't get around to shop.  We can get them later although we probably won't need clothes for school until fall.  (I hope not but I'm not sure)





Jack went with me to the store to get the stuff so he picked out his socks and kept them in the basement.  So they are not in the picture.  

We didn't even have an Easter Egg hunt at Grandmas house since we are social distancing.  We all stayed home and had our own Easter.  

After church, we went on an Easter drive.  We drove to Layton and checked out where the temple will be.  It is on some beautiful farm property.  We got a drink and a treat at McDonalds and then drove to look at the Ogden temple.  We had a great drive then came home and had dinner of Sweet and Sour Chicken (Becky Beck's recipe)  and Rice Pilof.  Strawberry shortcake was on the menu but I forgot to get the shortcake cups.  I was even going to get twinkies but forgot at both stores.  So we had Frozen Yogert pie instead.  

It was a great Easter.  I think because it was simple and fun and no pressure.  We got to watch some great videos and sing some great hymns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment