Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Colonoscopy

 

Just by looking at this picture, one could guess what I had ahead of me.  


This is the colonoscopy prep.  I had been fasting since the night before (well really since about 3:00 due to the tire incident) .

Noon takes 4 dulcolax pills.

5:00 mix 64 ounces gatorade with an entire jug of Miralax and drink 8 ounces every 10 minutes until two glasses are left.  

Then wait. 

Clear liquids only.  And 5 hours before the procedure drink the rest of the liquid.  That was at 2:30 am for me.  My procedure was 7:30.  

I had heartburn all night and I had to just suffer.  

Brooke arrived at 7:10 and we drove over.  Got the proedure done and was out of there by 9:30. 


They said I was a fall risk so I had to wear this wrist band.  


We went to Mcdonalds and got a bisquit sandwich to tide us over then home to take a quick nap. 









 
After our nap, we took Ty a treat at the jail.  We took him a cheese ball, wheat thins, snickers and a drink.  We also bought us a fake crab cheeseball and wheat thins.  Wheat thins were 5.50 a box. Seriously.  
THEN we went to Target and finally, to Olive Garden for lunch.  It was absolutely fabulous.  I was thinking about Olive Garden since Sunday.  
THEN since it was Pi day (3/14) we got Crumbl cookies because they had Mud Pie.  Had to try them.




They really were great.

Had a great time with Brooke.  It is almost worth all the prep just to have a good day off work.

Good News, I only had one polyp removed that was 4 mm.  If it isn't cancerous I can get a 10 year clear until the next colonoscopy.  Here's hoping  



Here's my results from the doc

AND here's what he said AFTER the biopsy


I was hoping for 10 year clear, but 7 year is good.  Last time I only got 5.  So here's to7 years!








No comments:

Post a Comment