Thursday, October 5, 2023

Lockdown and Lawn Mow

 Wednesday I was in my classroom during my prep and it was around 2:30.  Announcement comes over that we are in Lockdown situation.  Ok, I knew this wasn't  drill.  We never have drills at 2:30 pm.  I did what we were trained to do and locked the door, lights out and out of sight.  I sat in the dark alone for a bit.  I texted my friend Natalie and this is what she sent me. This was the front of our school.  


She said she thought the commotion was in the basement.   Anyway about 3:15 the policeman entered my class and cleared me.  He said to stay in there locked until the announcement.  Can do for sure.
Around 3:30 the annuncement came to release the students and we could go home.  
So the scuttle is that a student had a cell phone usng the gun shot app in the hallway and a girl heard it and called 911.  The Police got there before we called for a lockdown.  Crazy day and we don't know who it was and for sure the details.  It was a bit unsetting but I was impressed that we knew exactly what to do.  We have practiced so many times.



Saw this picture and am missing my Nick.  


Brooke mowing gradma's lawn.  She borrowed the Velour sweat jacket and the rain hat was in the pocket.  Conveniently it was raining so she didn't get her hair wet.  I think shes also wearing the Lawn mowing shoes so she doesn't get her shoes all green.  Great idea.  




No comments:

Post a Comment