Monday, October 9, 2023

Crazy week - Nick's email from Omaha

 What's good everyone! I'm currently waiting for the other elders to get to the church so I can smack em in basketball but while I wait I'll write an email I guess (shout out elder Val) 

 Highlights

• went to Texas roadhouse after zone conference this week and I got sit next to my buddy elder gines always nice to see him 

•elder hopkins: "you can't flirt with them just to get a return appointment"

 Me: "I don't think I was flirting and if I was then it worked because we're going back next Thursday" 

 • we've been hitting the aparment building hard in our area and we found this homie David. He said he would like to be baptized! God's good! 

 - another one of our homies brad said he wanted to be baptized so that's fire 

 - my twin Dustin and I had a civil discussion over the word of wisdom. He said he would try it in hour 2 of the discussion

 -Our boy jeremy pulled up to church and bore his testimony!!! It was fire!! 

-this inactive we've been working with finally came to church! I've been working with him since I got here in July so it was so nice to see him walk in

 - some dude told me he wanted to save me from the book of mormon this week. 

 Zone Conference 

 Zone Conference was so sweet this week. President Bailey is so loving and you can tell he genuinely cares about us. We talked about general conference and it super cool to hear everyone's insights. 

 I've been working on my testimony of the book of mormon recently and I learned this week that if you view the book of mormon even from a logical perspective it makes sense. There is no way a 14 year old farm boy made up what's in the book of mormon. I know it's the word of God and that the book of mormon helps us become better people. Remember that if your going through a hard time. The book of mormon is always there and is so is the holy spirit to comfort us. 

 Hope yall had a great week and I hope I can hear from some of yall! Have a great week! 

 

-elder Clemons 

 

Didn't take any pics this week:(


No comments:

Post a Comment