Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Still in Aurora - NIck's Email from Omaha

What's up everyone! Hope yall had a good week. I'm writing on a Tuesday this week because they gave us a all day p day for Halloween!! Transfers were this week and surprisingly I stayed with my comp and stayed in Aurora. That makes 3 Transfers with this comp and 4 Transfers in Aurora. Crazy! 

Highlights 

- had our branch Halloween party and we helped out with the trunk or treat. Our branch is super small so the kids just kept making rounds back to us and I eventually took on 5 primary children for the bag of candy 

- had to help with Transfers so I got to go on a mini exchange with elder Olivares and it was quite the party 

 - lady told me I was in a cult this week and I may have said a few unkind words to her 

 - taught our boy nate while his daughters rode their bikes around us and yelled "church people" 

 - taught some homies during the Nebraska football game. I mightve gotten a little distracted during the lesson... but don't worry huskers won! (Rip Oklahoma)

 Miracle: yesterday we were working super hard talking to everyone and nobody was saying yes to a message but we kept working and finally the lord provided someone. We taught a family who has been in a constant search for truth and they even said they would come to the church to watch stake conference on Sunday! They are lit tho even though their dog scratched me! 

 It's getting colder in Nebraska. Sunday we woke up to snow and the wind sure isn't helping. This transfer is gonna be very Interesting but I know God wants me here and I'm where I'm supposed to be. I've been thinking about charity and diligence more and more recently and I think they go hand in hand because really charity in its most simple form can just be being nice to people and sometimes that can take so.e diligence to be nice to everyone 

 Hope yall have a great week! My week was boring but ended off with some fun! Have a fun Halloween! 

 

Elder clemdawg 





No comments:

Post a Comment