Friday, November 23, 2018

Painting

I was looking in a magazine and found a paint color that I liked on some cabinets.  Not sure what got into me, but I decided to paint the kitchen.  I wanted to change some of the decor and new paint would just look better.  Here's the old color.




I went and got the paint from the magazine and took everything off the wall and painted.  I am not sure I like it.  It was my absolute worst paint job.  Not sure if it is because the paint job under it was not good, because it can only look as good as what is under it.  All the drips from the  old painter.  I made a mess of the ceiling, and felt like I spilled paint everywhere.  I also painted a second coat which I don't always have to do.








That's the color.  Love me some Home Depot paint.  Get the better kind of paint.  It goes on better.

So after a million trips to Home Depot it seems...I'm finished.  I had to touch up a bunch of spots but I'm finished.  Now to fix the curtain rod and rehang some stuff or change it out.


And the new paint. . .



I also had to trade out the brackets on the curtain rods since they were bent.  Its amazing the things you can find at Home Depot when you look around.  




                                                    Ta Da.  New bracket that is not bent


 I have been cutting with the power saw too.  Safety first. Thanks to my goggles from school.






No comments:

Post a Comment