Friday, January 19, 2024

30+


I have been very worried about money, retirement, all that junk. Am I putting enough aside for retirement so I can survive.  I will still have a house payment and I always want a good car.  And I want to go to Planet and Hike and golf and eat lunch out, get new carpet, travel, rest and read.  

So I loged into the URS (Utah Retirement System) and look.  I have 30 years of service.  WHO would have thought.  I think it occured in the middle of the year because when you take leave without pay (like when I had a baby and I had 5) that time off doesn't count towards retirement.  

But Yahoo.  I made it 30.  That is kindof the golden number.  I'm not retiring anytime soon because I am not that old.  I am only 57 and still have a missionary and a 17 year old at home. Plus I still have a few on my health insurance.  But who would have thought I would survive 30 years.  



The reason 30 is golden is because you are eligible for full retirement which is 60 percent of my salary. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment