Monday, March 2, 2020

Surgery Folllow up

I had my surgery follow-up appt today.  Jack in the red shorts in the corner wanted to go.  So, Michelle picked Jack and myself up for the Doc.  He said the surgery was the worst he has ever seen.  There are two tendons, Peronial Longus and Peronial Brevis.  One of the tendons was just not there.  He had to go and find the parts of the tendon and had to  make the incision bigger.  He had to sew that tendon to the other tendon and use some amnion tissue or Stem cells to hold it all together.  Sounds cool and yuck at the same time.  So, I'm off of it for at least 4 weeks.  I thought maybe 2 or 3 but he said at least 4 if I want it to heal.

Jack was assigned to carry my purse.  We were sitting in the room, and the nurse comes in and asks if we had a pink purse.  Yes we do.  Well its sitting out in the waiting room.  Jack forgot to grab it.  :) 





My foot looks like my mother's foot.  Who would have known I would inherit her feet.  Those pj pants look like Brooke and Abi's Who would have thought I inherited my daughter's PJ pants.

But they were the only ones big enough to fit over the boot.



I have graduated to a scooter.  My shoulders hurt from using the crutches.  Jack put the scooter together for me and brought it upstairs and put the furry thing on.  I think I will like it better.  Michelle was so great to pick me up today, get my meds at Target, get a Maverick Drink, get some lunch, get some toilet paper, and refresh my Maverick drink before she had to go to work.  Oh and we had to drop Jack off at School after the Doc and feed him of course.   He did help me into the Doc's office. Good thing he decided to come with us.  I guess a Dr visit with your mother is better than math Class.




No comments:

Post a Comment