Wednesday, March 25, 2020

And More

Our new normal has been a bit stressful.  I still can't recover from the Earthquakes.  It makes my heart skip a beat every after shock we have...and being at home instead of work is lonely, and I'm not totally convinced Jack and Nick are doing their online work. AND they fight ALL the time.  Being in times of stress it is also difficult that I can't get around due to my ankle surgery.   It is difficult to get to the store to stock up and get groceries.  I have to wait for help for everything.  So, I have had a few things troubling my heart lately.  Like a lot.

Then today, around noon I hear something then I hear Jack yell to me that Nick is having a seizure.  Ok.  I grabbed my crutches and grabbed the rescue medication, and headed downstairs.  I'm surprised I remembered the medication.  If  he needed it, I knew Jack could never find it.  Anyway, I get to the basement and Nick is on the couch having a seizure.  He is breathing.  I sit by him and keep asking him if he knows his name.  He says his name is siri and the next time he doesn't know his name or who I am.  He keeps moving around and trying to get up.  Eventually things calm down and he remembers his name and my name.  We just sit on the couch for a while.

You know, I am not sure how much more I can take.

I am grateful that I still have my job and all my children are safe so far.   But really, I have had enough.  LIKE enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment