Friday, March 27, 2020

A New Perspective


I have been overwhelmed with stress and heavy laden with life.  It's hard to stay at home all the time and sit.   Someone (my friend Kelly) put on facebook that amongst the stress, they are finding ways to be appreciative.  So here's my appreciative attempt.

I have a job that should support me through the Corona. I will work from home, which I don't like, but so many people can't work.  

I was instructed by a relative of mine that I needed to go to the store every few days and get the supplies that are in short supply. I'm grateful that I found some money to do that. Michelle came and took me shopping and we got quite a few groceries and used my moms freezer (since I don't have a big one).  

I had elective surgery 4 weeks ago on my ankle for a torn tendon.  I wouldn't be able to do that now with corona.  It has made it difficult right now because I can't get around and I can't go on walks or hikes with being out of school but glad I did it before the healthcare crunch. It has also been easier because besides shopping I can just sit.  I would rather be taking a walk or a hike but it is good to sit.  

I have 5 children that are ALL healthy for now.  Grateful that they are doing the separating and staying healthy.  Abi arrived home safely today because they were told to leave their apartments in St. George.  That makes my mama heart so happy to have her safe at home.  

We were all home, due to corona, for the Earthquake.  We would have had to find each other at school and get home. 

We had no damage during the earthquake. I'm still unsettled about the earthquake but my home seems unaffected.  Well other than a broken picture that fell..:)

I did have forethought or whatever you call it, to have Michelle and Abi pick up some toilet paper at the store when they shopped for me when I first had my foot operated on.  So now, its not so stressful that we have those supplies.

We were also home when Nick had his seizure.  I was there and able to get to him to make sure he was ok...albeit slow that it was.  

I have good health insurance.   My children's seizure medication that is $625 a month for Nick and 425 for Brooke is covered and costs me 30.00 a month.  We also have enough to last us for a few weeks possibly a month or more if we can't get to the pharmacy.  My mom and sister also have some at their house too.  

I have a sister that has come and helped me shop after a very busy day at work and taken me to the doctor.  She also has her own family to attend to.  

People have checked in on me about how I am doing due to my foot and also to make sure we were ok after the Earthquake.  People also checked in on my boys. 

I have been super unsettled lately, but today I was on my morning drive, and it was absolutely beautiful outside.  The sun was shining.  And only thing I could think of was the Hymn  There is Sunshine in my Soul Today.  I was listening and singing as I drove around and checked out the golf courses and huge houses of people that I teach.  It warmed my troubled heart just a bit.  

I even sent a video to my children.  I was in such a good mood today.  It is good for the Soul. 








I wanted to film this video outside the golf course but I had to rush home for our video session for school.  So this was at home. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment